cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Opening Creo Drawing from Windchill

ewallsuk
4-Participant

Opening Creo Drawing from Windchill

My Windchill Admin has moved on to greener pastures. 

I am trying to open a Creo drawing from Windchill.  When I select the Actions -> Open In -> Open in Creo  Windchill tries to open the file using Creo Render Studio.  It appears this is unlicensed.  If I open Creo Parametric that seems to be licensed.  I'd therefore like to figure out how to get Windchill to open the drawing in Parametric instead of Render Studio. 

How can I do this?

(So sorry for the Noob question)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ewallsuk)

This probably has nothing to do with Windchill but rather your computer's file associations.  I'm guessing render studio was installed after Creo Parametric and therefore all of the Creo related file extensions are associated with render studio now instead.  Probably the easiest way to fix this is to just reinstall Creo.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:ewallsuk)

This probably has nothing to do with Windchill but rather your computer's file associations.  I'm guessing render studio was installed after Creo Parametric and therefore all of the Creo related file extensions are associated with render studio now instead.  Probably the easiest way to fix this is to just reinstall Creo.

ewallsuk
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Gold Star!!!

Sorted, thank you. 

depends on how your creo is setup but opening from Windchill in a standalone browser can cause problems. We don't allow it. Open creo with the batch file that points to all the start parts etc and open in a WS with Creo

Top Tags