cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Oracle for Windchill post BLOB revaulting

MarkPlimley
6-Contributor

Oracle for Windchill post BLOB revaulting

After following PTC article CS37197 "How to recover BLOBS space from StreamData table in Oracle for Windchill" and verifying the CAD files were no longer in the StreamData table, I re-ran the first query provided in that article. It returned a negative value for "Potentially Extra bytes" of -42346086. This is for a Windchill 12.0.0.0 system using Oracle 19c on Linux.

Does anyone out there know if I need to do anything about this or not? I need to re-claim space from Oracle and I would like to avoid further issues.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Plimley

2 REPLIES 2
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:MarkPlimley)

Not a DBA expert here. I would break down that first query to see where the calculation was off. Looks like there is a subtraction so you should be able to get the parts and see where the differences are. Is it possible a step was missed on the back end to shrink the DB? 

Thanks for trying, but there are just a couple of prior steps in shrinking the database tablespace and I have no idea what went into the subtraction..

Announcements

Top Tags