cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Oracle import fails

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Oracle import fails

Doing on Oracle impdp for an upgrade and I get errors trying to write the log file. I have manually created a file in that same folder.

Connected to: Oracle Database 19c Enterprise Edition Release 19.0.0.0.0 - Production
ORA-39002: invalid operation
ORA-39070: Unable to open the log file.
ORA-29283: invalid file operation: unexpected "LFI" error (1509)[29437]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

Went to our Oracle expert this morning. He asked a bunch of questions and then I had to download SQLdeveloper. Once I looked at the database in SQLdeveloper, I caught a typo in the directory path definition.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

I've run into this same issue, it is from OS permissions. Make sure that the account running the impdp has full control on the folder where the log file is being written and be sure to run the cmd prompt as administrator. 

That is what is frustrating to me with this one. It is the second time I have done the database import on this computer and the first time it went in  with no issues. I wiped Oracle out between imports and reinstalled it. 

I am running the command window as administrator.

I can create a file, edit it and delete it from the GUI interface.

I can do a mkdir and the folder is created, and delete the created folder from the command prompt window.

I tried with no logfile being specified, but impdp still wants to create a log file.

I tried with a specific directory in the logfile: logfile=e:\util\imp_full,txt, and that too failed. My import file and the folder I am in is e:\util\backup.

I do have a call into PTC, but that could take days! 😞

Try giving the user "oracle" full control of the folder.

I gave my username Full Control of the 2 folders (e:\Util and e:\util\backup) and the import still gives the same error messages.

If you are on a Windows machine, then you need to make sure that both the listener and the database have been started with the exact same username which has access to the directory.

The Oracle services (OracleOraDB19Home1TNSListener and OracleServiceWIND) are started with the Local System account, which was used to install them.

Are you launching the CMD window from which you're running the import command as admin on that server?

Yes, launching the command prompt window as administrator.

Dropping the existing PDM user

Creating the new PDM user

Creating the expdp_full directory and granting permissions

Then running the command below to import the file:

Impdp System/<password>@ wind  schemas=PDM directory=expdp_full dumpfile=full_exp.dmp logfile=full_imp.txt

Is it possible that is works leaving this off?

logfile=full_imp.txt

I tried that and I get the same messages.

shussaini
15-Moonstone

Not sure what's going wrong on your system. These are the commands I used:

>>>

create or replace directory test_dir as 'E:\UPG';
grant read, write on directory test_dir to system;
commit;
QUIT

expdp system/manager@wind schemas=dbuser directory=test_dir dumpfile=DBUSER.DMP logfile=dblog.log EXCLUDE=STATISTICS
<<<

regards
~Syed

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:shussaini)

Other than the commit; command that is my procedure for creating a directory for the Oracle expdp and impdp commands.

Sqlplus System/<password> @wind

Create directory expdp_full as ‘e:\util\backup’;

Grant read, write on directory expdp_full to PDM;

exit

@BenLoosli,

I experienced something similar myself.

In the end, my problem was that the import/export procedure is NOT able to overwrite the log file if it already exists in the folder.

I removed the log file and the procedure completed correctly

Marco
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Marco_Tosin)

There is no full_imp.txt file in that folder. I am depending on the Oracle impdp command to create it. I do have the full_exp.txt file from the other system export in that folder, maybe I will remove it and see what happens.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Removed the full_exp.txt file and it still failed.

Tried my home directory c:\users \<username> and it still failed to create the import log text file.

I am in the administrators group, I am running the command as administrator, I have set Full Control permissions to the e:\

Util and e:\util\backup folders.

What is really weird is that this worked with no errors 2 months ago on my first install of Windchill12 with Oracle 19c. With that install I ran into UpgradeManager issues, so I removed everything to start over. 

Can you give it another try by using a different name for the import log file?

That time I went crazy to figure out the problem that prevented the completion of the command.

And it was not due to the write rights but to **** log file

Marco
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Tried full_imp.txt, logtest.log, test.txt and test. They all failed with the same message.

Even tried e:\logtest.log and it failed.

I have rebooted the server last night, but still no luck.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Went to our Oracle expert this morning. He asked a bunch of questions and then I had to download SQLdeveloper. Once I looked at the database in SQLdeveloper, I caught a typo in the directory path definition.

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

@BenLoosli wrote:

I thought I was the only one that had typo's.

Nothing will drive you nuts faster than one of those that you seem to not catch no matter how many times you look at it.

Top Tags