cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Org admin rights

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Org admin rights

I have created a new Windchill instance (11.0 M030 CPS16) and created a new org admin user. When I go to do things, the OrgAdmin does not have rights to do so. I cannot see the Libraries or Products that wcadmin created. I cannot do a SaveAs to a profile at the org level.

I just relogged as the Librarian and that account can see all 3 libraries.

What setting is missing in a new setup that allows the org admin (and other users) to do common tasks?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mmeadows-3
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenLoosli)

Assuming you did all the standard configuration tasks...

• Created the org admin account at the organization level and populated the email address field.
  • Assign org admin to the Organization > Administrators table (i.e. ORG_ADMIN group)
  • Assigned org admin to the Organization> Creators table where relevant

Unless the org admin account has been explicitly added to the context team, org admin doesn't have browse rights to contexts created by site admin.  The Products and Libraries tables show contexts that org admin is a member of.

This is a common issue with site administrators not being able to browse contexts created by org administrators.  Org admin is still an administrator with full control permissions to contexts within their organization.  As org admin, create a saved search for product and library contexts within their organization.  Execute the search.  From the search results, select the application context to access.  Once accessed, org admin can access and browse them.

Not sure why the account can't save a copy of a profile.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mmeadows-3
13-Aquamarine

Assuming you did all the standard configuration tasks...

• Created the org admin account at the organization level and populated the email address field.
  • Assign org admin to the Organization > Administrators table (i.e. ORG_ADMIN group)
  • Assigned org admin to the Organization> Creators table where relevant

Unless the org admin account has been explicitly added to the context team, org admin doesn't have browse rights to contexts created by site admin.  The Products and Libraries tables show contexts that org admin is a member of.

This is a common issue with site administrators not being able to browse contexts created by org administrators.  Org admin is still an administrator with full control permissions to contexts within their organization.  As org admin, create a saved search for product and library contexts within their organization.  Execute the search.  From the search results, select the application context to access.  Once accessed, org admin can access and browse them.

Not sure why the account can't save a copy of a profile.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mmeadows-3)

@mmeadows-3 wrote:

Unless the org admin account has been explicitly added to the context team, org admin doesn't have browse rights to contexts created by site admin. 

Where do I add the Org Admin to the library and product context teams at?

mmeadows-3
13-Aquamarine

As site admin, navigate to each product/library and add org admin to the Product/Library Managers role.

Most efficient to add admin user(s) to an org-level Group and map this Group to the Manager Role in every context team.  Should add to the Context templates for Prod/Lib.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Related to admin rights.

I was playing with the Library Team and created a new group, LibMgr. Added wcadmin, myself and orgadmin to that group. Assigned that group to the 3 library teams. Now I do not see the Document Library, only the config and parts.

How can I retrieve my Document library context?

Side note. When I do a View All in the Library, I see the Standard Part and System Config plus an old test library that I thought had been deleted that was used for testing back in August. The Test library does not show when I click the Library icon, only after selecting View All.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Once logged in as the Library manager, I saw where I had not added the Library Manager group to be the Library Manager, only the librarian. the group includes OrgAdmin and wcadmin.

All is good with viewing Libraries now!

The old deleted library is still showing on a View All,, so how do I delete that?

Top Tags