cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Output PVZ option in recipe editor

BrianGeary
1-Newbie

Output PVZ option in recipe editor

Hi all,

We recently found out that about 90% of the files in our PDMLink vaults are viewable files - files produced by our CAD workers for consumption by CreoView. There is a new option in the CreoView 3 cad adapter to output PVZ files instead of individual files (.ol, .ed, .pva, etc.). I can get this option to work by manually going through the motions of publishing a file, but the CAD worker seems to ignore this setting and continues to upload individual viewable files to PDMLink. I opened a call with tech support and PTC is telling me that this is intended functionality, but I'm a bit skeptical.

Has anyone had success in using the PVZ format and been able to verify that the files end up in the PDMLink vault as a single compressed viewable file?

Any other suggestions on reducing the number of viewable files stored in the vaults?

Thanks,

Brian Geary
Java Architect
Information Technology
hermanmiller.com
3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BrianGeary)

Brian,

I just came across this today. When you hover over the "Output PVZ" option, the tooltip at the bottom says, "Enable/disable the output of a pvz file (not valid for worker mode)".

[cid:image001.png@01CF7129.6B5F9DE0]

That would explain why the CAD worker is ignoring it.

Tom U.

Thanks Tom - I searched through the adapters documentation where it didn't say anything about this limitation, but somehow missed the obvious place. Guess it's time for an enhancement request...

Brian

Brian Geary
Java Architect
Information Technology
hermanmiller.com

Hi Brian,

did you open an enhancement request or are there meanwhile any other ideas about this topic (reducing amount of publish files in vault)?

Jörg

Top Tags