cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

PDM Essentials general query

mdristy
1-Newbie

PDM Essentials general query

Has anyone set up PDM Essentials successfully? I would like to hear your experience and of any affordable resources you used to help your installation and setup, and figure out how to use it on a basic level.

I have it installed after tremendous expense (had to purchase an expensive HP server, MS Server 2012, PDM Essentials (obviously), CALs, hire an IT consultant for a few hours, etc...) and a great deal of my time (probably 100 hours or more.) (I might mention I am a one-man engineering/design consulting firm.)

It still is not set-up for practical use in my company.

Before I took the plunge, I found a YouTube video that said it almost installed itself and guided you through the setup, and that turned out to be incredibly misleading.

I really can't continue to use Intralink 3.4 and Wildfire 4.0 much longer, so I am nearing the point of reverting to life without any real CAD data manangment system.

Although Intralink was never incredible, it has some great basic, powerful functionality that I hate to lose. I am still holding out hope that PTC will simplify PDM Essentials and maybe publish a book or series of videos that show how to install and then set it up for a small company, and then showcase and show how to use its functions.

Any good experiences out there? Any alternatives that are working well for you?

Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags