cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

PDM-link number

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

PDM-link number

Hello- Some of you got this question yesterday; sorry about that but I thought I’d try fishing here also.

I would like to display the pdm link document NUMBER along with the NAME, andFILE NAME of a model in some drawing notes.

&PTC_COMMON_NAME works for the NAME

&model_name works for the FILE NAME.

What is the system parameter for the NUMBER assigned by PDM-link so that can be shown as well?

Using WF 5.0 & pdm-link 9.1

Is it possible?

-

4 REPLIES 4
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:TracyWillis)

Hi

we use &PTC_WM_NUMBER for NUMBER, &PTC_WM_NAME for NAME

hope this helps

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

Just tried that and it didn't work....
So - Does our Administrator need to configure the Workgroup Manager to provide that parameter?
Is there anything else built into the system that can automatically grab that value for use in my note?

Thanks -
TW

Hello

From what I have seen on table, format, etc, those parameters cant be used with customization (as shown in ptc kb or guides):

&PTC_WM_NUMBER for NUMBER, &PTC_WM_NAME for NAME

&PTC_COMMON_NAME is what we use in the format, but it has a hard coded 81 character length issue.

Some one suggested &PTC_WM_NAME,but its not an easy one. ptc kb suggests using OOTB source:

DefaultModeledAttributesDelegate.java

But the doc & customizers guide are vague & have been noted as being wrong.

Who might have got this working & NacNac, how might you have got this working.

Thanks
Larry Jett
cadjett@aol.com, datajett@aol.com

In Reply to NacNac MOTT:

Hi

we use &PTC_WM_NUMBER for NUMBER, &PTC_WM_NAME for NAME

hope this helps

cc-2
6-Contributor

Hi Lawrence.

It has worked that way since we got PDMLink in 2009 and it was 9.0.

Unfortunately, I have not configured the system myself and I have no idea if it is a OOTB functionality or if it required some configuration but surely enough it is not a customisation.

We also use PTC_WM_STATE to display the life cycle state, PTC_WM_LAST_MODIFIED etc.......

The way it works for us is as follow.

If I click New in Creo/ProE while connected to PDMLink, first those parameters PTC_WM...... do not exist, but once I save the model (it gets automatically uploaded), The system integrate that model with Windchill and the PTC_WM.... are automatically created.

If I then refresh the drawing (which was created from a template using those PTC_WM... parameters in format), then the correct values appear.

Obviously, if I create a new model and drawing from a Save As, it is there straightaway as the saved model/drawings already have those parameters.

Hope this helps

best regards

Top Tags