cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

PDMEssentials - Link between part / assembly and drawing

mamobono
6-Contributor

PDMEssentials - Link between part / assembly and drawing

I read on the book :

" the drawing retrieves its geometry from its associated model, changes to the model are automatically reflected in the drawing and do not require the drawing's CAD document to iterate if the model geometry changes."

and I do not agree

my companies has rules mandating iterating the drawing when the model changes

how i can do it automatically , what setting i have to use

and

when i drain on workspace  the part or asm how i can download also their drawing, how is the setting ?

Many thanks

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mamobono)

The drawing will not iterate unless you open it and check it back in. The model changes will automatically propagate to the drawing when opened.

Download the drawing and the assembly/part will come with it. I do not download files to my workspace explicitly. I use File-Open in Creo, enter the drawing name and let Creo download the files it needs for the drawing. I may have these reversed, but my reasoning is: Open the file in Creo will download the latest version of all components. Download the file and by default, you get the As-Saved of the components. That can be a difference and may lead to errors. Always be sure you have the proper versions of the parts you are working on.

Revision is the assigned alpha/numeral.

Iteration is the automatically generated number after the revision.

Version is the Revision.Iteration.

mamobono
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

Thank you for the reply
I used INTRALINK 3.4 and I was very free in file management.
PDMEssentials has much reduced my working speed.
and now I am not happy

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mamobono)

Windchill based solutions for data management are slower than Pro/Intralink 3.x, however, they are capable of doing a lot more with the architecture of the program.

There is some overhead that the PDMEsentials and Intralink 8.x+ users pay in terms of performance, but if you decide to move up to full PDMLink, you can take advantage of those extras.

Top Tags