cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

PDMLink 10.0 bulk extraction

dparasuraman-3
4-Participant

PDMLink 10.0 bulk extraction

Hello  experts,

We need to extract all creo assemblies, parts and drawings form PDM link 10.0 in bulk.

we have identified some capabilities. It would be great if you can suggest a list of best methods to do bulk extraction from PDM intralink 10.0.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have a bulk download utility that I wrote for doing what you are asking.

In short, the utility is run in a Windchill shell.

The admin (or whoever) inputs the EPMDoc type, folder path to download to, username, password

Then stand back and let it run. Download is quick per file but if downloading 50GB worth of files it will take a while.

The number of files it can do is probably more limited by diskspace than anything else.

I decided to including entering doc type argument in order to run in three shells at once in the event there is a massive amount of data to download.  One downloads assemblies, one downloads drawings (and formats), one downloads components.

It also creates a log of cadname rename history in the event the cad file was renamed.

So, that would be my recommendation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I have a bulk download utility that I wrote for doing what you are asking.

In short, the utility is run in a Windchill shell.

The admin (or whoever) inputs the EPMDoc type, folder path to download to, username, password

Then stand back and let it run. Download is quick per file but if downloading 50GB worth of files it will take a while.

The number of files it can do is probably more limited by diskspace than anything else.

I decided to including entering doc type argument in order to run in three shells at once in the event there is a massive amount of data to download.  One downloads assemblies, one downloads drawings (and formats), one downloads components.

It also creates a log of cadname rename history in the event the cad file was renamed.

So, that would be my recommendation.

Hello d_graham,

Thanks for the response. I am unable to build my java application with out wt.jar file.

Could you please guide initial steps to get access and choose required .jar files for writing an external java application that can connect to windchill.

Regards

Dhamodharan

Top Tags