cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PDMLink 9.1 - no Lock function in Commonspace

kjohns101
1-Newbie

PDMLink 9.1 - no Lock function in Commonspace

As in Intralink 3X, the Lock status could be applied on a Locate or in Commonspace on objects at any release state, PTC recommends using access controls to objects which would require ACL's to be created for every object for every user or group with no visible "Lock" status communication to the users making the management of the ACL's a nitemare
2 REPLIES 2

It takes a while to get used to the differences between Intralink 3.x and PDMLink, but once you do it all works ok and makes sense.

I agree that being able to lock objects in commonspace regardless of their release level was a nice feature in 3.x.

I don't know about anyone else, but there are times when I'm finished with one aspect of a design and I want to lock those parts, but I'm not ready to release them. I just don't want them to get change inadvertently by me or anyone else.

The only way to do this is to create a new workspace, and in that workspace checkout the objects you want to lock. Then go back to your design workspace and continue to work there.

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

Top Tags