cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

PDMLink interprets an underscore character as a wildcard for searching

BrianGeary
1-Newbie

PDMLink interprets an underscore character as a wildcard for searching

Does anyone know how to stop PDMLink from interpreting an underscore
character as a wildcard in searches? We are using PDMLink 8.0 M045 with
FAST indexing.

Brian Geary
R&D Systems Analyst
Herman Miller, Inc.
Office: (616) 654-8993
Mobile: (616) 796-5257
4 REPLIES 4
scaron1
4-Participant
(To:BrianGeary)

With FAST the characters '.', '-', '_' and space are delimiter between keyword, at least in 9.1, you can customize $INSTREAM_HOME\etc\tokenizer\tokenization.xml to include or exclude characters.

Regards, - Merci,

Serge Caron
Senior Application Engineer, Software PLM Services - Ingénieur d'application sénior, Services informatique PLM
BRT Solutions - Montreal
8268 Boulevard Pie IX, Montréal, Québec, CANADA, H1Z 3T6
TEL. 514.727.7113 / 1.877.399.7113 (EXT.230)
CEL. 514.913.3383
FAX. 514.727.2600
SCaron@brt-solutions.com
www.brt-solutions.com

Help. Trying to stay objective here, but it appears PDMLink search is limited to 200 characters. I've been given a list of files to find in Commonspace but cannot search for more than a handful at once due to the 200 char limit.

In the good ol' days of IL 3.4 I could copy (ctrl-c) a list of file names and paste them in the Locate utility to get a listing of literally thousands of files.

Is there a trick to searching for more than a handful of files at one time in PDML? I contacted PTC tech support but they're solution was to search based on attribute values and that won't work in this situation.

For what it's worth we're on PDMLink 9.1 M060 w/ProE WF4.

-Ter

Terrence McFall
CAD Systems Administrator

Varian Medical Systems
911 Hansen Way
Palo Alto, CA 94304
650-424-6039 desk
650-799-0179 cell

We use the “number” field on the search screen. You can separate search terms with a ; (semicolon). I know I have put over 200 characters and not had a problem.

If you use the keyword you are limited to the number of characters, you have to separate each term with a “space” and select the radio box that “With Any of These Criteria”

We are using PDMLink 9.1 M060

-Nick

In Reply to Terrence McFall:

Help. Trying to stay objective here, but it appears PDMLink search is limited to 200 characters. I've been given a list of files to find in Commonspace but cannot search for more than a handful at once due to the 200 char limit.

In the good ol' days of IL 3.4 I could copy (ctrl-c) a list of file names and paste them in the Locate utility to get a listing of literally thousands of files.

Is there a trick to searching for more than a handful of files at one time in PDML? I contacted PTC tech support but they're solution was to search based on attribute values and that won't work in this situation.

For what it's worth we're on PDMLink 9.1 M060 w/ProE WF4.

-Ter

Terrence McFall
CAD Systems Administrator

Varian Medical Systems
911 Hansen Way
Palo Alto, CA 94304
650-424-6039 desk
650-799-0179 cell

Sent this to Terry but didn't include the list so am now.

Terry,

Did you ever get this answered? One of the search methods we use is to perform an advanced search, and use multiple name, number, or file names in the search criteria. Then just enter a search term in each one with wildcards as needed.

That might help you too. Will include screenshot of a typical search we do. We have saved it for re-use.

-marc

CAD / PLM Systems Manager

TriMark Corp.

Top Tags