cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

PSE - Adding Tabs

hvaradharajan-2
1-Newbie

PSE - Adding Tabs

Hi,

Two questions..

1. In windchill 11, why iam not able to see the action "Open  in Product Structure Explorer"?

2. in Windchill 10.2, Why iam not able to add the tab " Related Objects" in the PSE ?  See Below.,

Thanks

Hari

16 REPLIES 16

Hari,

As we continue to drive functionality to PSB and remove Java applets we have PSE turned off by default in Windchill 11.0 F000.  There is a preference to show the action.  However I would strongly consider only using PSB for specific functionality such as Parameters & Values optionality.

(Utilities Tab) Under the Preferences -> PSE -> Enable Product Structure Explorer (PSE)

For the 10.2 Related objects - I am not sure off hand - that might be a TS call.

Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please answer this question asked by me in this thread? see the end of the thread.

Re: How to customize attribute panel in part usage PSB tabs?

Thanks

Hari

Do you have a better description of the use case you are trying to solve?  I looked at the thread, but it was not clear.

Hi,

Thanks for your attention.,

Iam looking to add a tab as shown below, see the red box.,  Here "material & coating" is a custom tab that contains a configurable desc link.

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine
(To:JeffZemsky)

Jeffrey Zemsky‌,

You mention driving functionality to the PSB instead.  Does that include a BOM markup?  Can we do that in PSB ... or somewhere on the roadmap?

Ben,

Yes it covers this as well.  Are you using Structure Annotations today?

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

We're looking into it.  Currently we attach an Excel spreadsheet to the Change object.  The Excel contains the BOM changes that are needed.  But if we can enter the proposed BOM changes in Windchill somehow (Structure Annotations), then we don't need the Excel file.  And then ideally we can press an "implement" button and the proposed changes would be made to the structure (as opposed to manually making the changes via Owner-linked model or in the PSB).

Where/when can we use Structure Annotations in PSB instead of PSE?

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

Jeffrey Zemsky‌,

Where/when can we use Structure Annotations in PSB instead of PSE?

Ben,

That will be one of the last items to move to HTML - I don't have an exact target at this date.

It's 2 years later.  11.2 is out and the PSE is gone.  Where is the draft mode or method to markup a BOM?  This is something we've been trying to do for years and were holding out on using the PSE because this function was going to be moved elsewhere.  Now we are almost done of developing a fully digital process in Engineering and have to scrap the BOM markup plan and go back to excel markups and other unintelligent means.  PTC is never supposed to lose functionality, only replace it with something better.  Tech support is less than helpful at finding an alternative to what has been fully removed. I'm very frustrated.

Is there a method in CreoView or the PSB to do this that I am unaware of? If not, this needs to get reincorporated ASAP as there are no other ways to convey a requested change without actually changing the BOM live.

Hi,

I share your frustation.

I have been away from PTC technology for a few years (my last experience was with 10.2), I am now working for a company which use 11.0 and I was shocked (first I did not believe what the IT guy told me) that PSE/PBS and WDI were not longer available or not working anymore.

The more I read about it the more it seems that in the quest of moving to the cloud (is that actually a drive from the end user or shareholders?) Many functionalities are no longer available.

Unfortunately, this is not PTC specific. I have experienced this with SAP,  MS Office,  when they move to  the cloud, they are simply incapable to release the cloud version to the same level of operationality than the client/server base version. I expect it is just a question of time as everyone has limited resources and replacing complex system in one go is like doing a Big Bang data migration.  Phased approach as they say 🙂

However, it is frustrating for the end users as this impact their own productivity.

We are working to expose a new version of BOM markups in HTML that are better aligned with both BOM markups and understanding them in Change.  We currently have a Working Group on the topic.   Our goal is to start exposing in upcoming releases.

Draft mode will not be moved to HTML

Hi Jeff

thank you for the info. I am glad to hear PTC is still working in improving the product and the transition to the cloud provides enhancement for the users and not only a better revenue stream for PTC 🙂

this said, it was necessary to use PSB in order to access advanced functionalities for creating configurable modules.  When will that be available.  The reason I am asking is that I have recently joined a company to implement product configurators and now I am stuck with basic functionality as PSB is not available. So I may have no choice but to introduce a third party software while it was possible in the past to stay within Windchill. Unless I have missed something..... which may well be....

Cheers

Chris,

Advanced Logic was exposed in PSB starting with Windchill 11.1 F000 and Options and Variants has always been supported with PSB.

To show the Parameters and Constraints there is a preference to expose them.

Hi Jeff,

thanks for your quick reply.

I'll check with my admins and see what they have done then... 

Have a good weekend

claudedubois
5-Regular Member

Whenever i tried to open the assembly part using Product Structure explorer , i was asked to enter password of administrator, and  the administrator entered the name and password, we got a message " software blocked for unknown publisher.

Does anyone can help me with that?

By the way, do i have to have a specific Jave version to use PSE?

Thank you.

Top Tags