cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

PSM 4.0 Performance

tchao
4-Participant

PSM 4.0 Performance

Can anyone who has upgraded to PSM 4.0 share your experience and its performance?

We turned off PSM when using with 10.1 due to performance issue.  Just wondering if there is any improvement in 10.2 (we are on M030) and PSM 4.0?

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:tchao)

We're running PSM 4.0 with 10.2 M30 and haven't noticed any performance issues, but we are pretty small.  (Generally ~15 active users.)

How did you determine that it was causing a performance issue in the past?

BineshKumar1
12-Amethyst
(To:tchao)

Hello Thomas,

Could you explain a bit more?

What sort of performance issue did you observe? Was it because of the pure path? Were you using User Experience Module? We are running a global instance of Windchill 10.1 with PSM 3 and have not observed any issues so far.

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller

tchao
4-Participant
(To:BineshKumar1)

Sorry for the late reply.  We are focusing recently on the 10.2 M030 post go-live activities to make sure all runs OK.

Our previous PSM on 10.1 was not really a performance issue, as I later found out.  It was setup and then decided to turn off before my time.  The issue seems like it keep sending the "high overall failed transaction rate” notifications" to the Admins, while the services are up and running.  We were told by PTC TS at the time that this will be fixed in 10.2.

We have the server ready for the PSM 4.0 for Windchill 10.2.  As there is no PTC U training courses available for PSM 4.0, I am just checking if anyone of you have any issue or anything to watch out before I upgrade to PSM 4.0 and connect to our Production 10.2?

Any comment is welcome and appreciated.

Top Tags