cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

PTC "YOU LIE" WF5 AND INTRALINK 3.4 WILL WORK; YOU DID'NT COVER ALL OF THE BLOCKS

prosenthal
1-Newbie

PTC "YOU LIE" WF5 AND INTRALINK 3.4 WILL WORK; YOU DID'NT COVER ALL OF THE BLOCKS

Good evening All,

If you have WF4 & WF5 loaded on the same machine and you launch WF4 from Intralink 3.4 (we are using build M070), select a

workspace and exit. Then have a non pro/e file imported in a workspace (I used a DWG AutoCAD file) highlight it and under object

use the open command, it will launch WF5 and you can see & browse your commonspace, your workspaces, etc. You can open files, switch workspaces,etc.

This tells me that all of the PTC deliberately blocked the interaction of 3.4 with WF5 but priming the system by using WF4 bypassed this block and WF5 went to it naturally in a round about way.

This is another case of the software maker "knows whats best for us and is going to do all that it can to herd us to what it sees as it's new cash cow's (as many of you can no doubt attest to $$$$).

At any rate, those who want a new build of 3.4 that includes WF5 & beyond should again make their voices heard and tell PTC you don,t believe the lies about of all the R&D resources it would take to do this.

The only reason I posted in this forum is to make those who might care about the way PTC has forced this upon us,and to have PTC continue to support those who would choose to use a tried and true inteface that many are happy with and that does not take the tremendous resources that these alternatives do.

I tested this on two 64 bit XP machines.

Regards,

Peter Rosenthal

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags