cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Parameter required to check-in document is locked by Windchill

bpoon
1-Newbie

Parameter required to check-in document is locked by Windchill

Hi All--

I have a part I want to add to an assembly (which I created from within the assembly using the "Create Component" feature. However, checking-in the assembly fails because the part does not have certain descriptive parameters filled out. Those descriptive parameters show as "locked" when I open the part, right-click in the model tree, and select "Edit Parameters". If I can't upload this document to Windchill, how am I supposed to fill out those parameters?

Do I *have* to start every document from Windchill itself? How would I do that for a part that I'm creating from within an assembly?

FYI, I am new to Creo Parametric as well as Creo Windchill. Please forgive my ignorance.

Thanks all

.bp

1 REPLY 1
Gagan
7-Bedrock
(To:bpoon)

Hello Bpoon

I Guess if you create the part with in the Assembly , it will take the assembly reference .u can check under reference viewer  ,btw which are the parameters which are showing as locked , can you please attach the screenshot and the assembly if possible ? 

Regards

Top Tags