cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Part Number Attribute Windchill as master

J_Terlap
6-Contributor

Part Number Attribute Windchill as master

Our integrator has told us that system attributes (Name, Number, File Name, etc) pass data one-way from Windchill to the documents/drawings.  Need an attribute for part number that acts that same but am being told for non-system attributes we only have two options: Bi-directional or uni-directional (Document/Drawing to Windchill).  What attribute do other companies use for their part number or is there a way to configure attributes to be uni-directional Windchill to Doc/Drawing only?

2 REPLIES 2
jvonzastrow1
14-Alexandrite
(To:J_Terlap)

Hi @J_Terlap 

I am not sure what you like to have. Is it to have same number in CAD part, CAD drawing and in WTpart? EX

1234567.prt - Number and file name for CAD Part

1234567.drw - Number and File name for CAD Drawing

1234567 - Number for wtpart

Or do you like to show the number of the wtpart number on the CAD drawing?

Which CAD system do you use

What version of Windchill Pdmlink do you use?

J_Terlap
6-Contributor
(To:jvonzastrow1)

We are using Number attribute as our document identifier within windchill.  I need another attribute that can allow me to assign our material number which is used for spare parts, ordering, etc within our purchasing system.

We are using AutoCAD and Solidworks 3D.

Not sure of the version of Windchill PDMLink, but we just started this journey so I would assume it is up to date.

Top Tags