cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Part structure not backed by CAD data transformation issue

TomM
12-Amethyst

Part structure not backed by CAD data transformation issue

Hi.

I found an article describing my exact issue Link However I do not know how to fix it since I don't understand what "Part structure not backed by CAD data" means, could someone elaborate a little on the matter, please?

why.PNG

So far it seems to happen for every assembly I try to transform. Upstream/downstream visualization does not update when changes are being made to items.

Some assembly components' 3d model visualization is absent in the QA session, could this be the issue? How can I push Worker to generate all the necessary thumbnails and visualizations for certain assemblies? (They're set up to generate automatically server-side, but I'm not an admin so I'm looking for a workaround)

Side question:

Which settings are responsible for enabling the "Remove All Equivalence Links" option for users?

bb.PNG

Best regards,

Tom

11 REPLIES 11
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:TomM)

I believe what its saying is that there is not a linked CAD object to that Part. You should see a CAD object linked on Related Objects with a type of Owner or Image. That should allow visualizations to be shared or published to the related Part.  What does it say on that page?

As for the greyed out action, it could be a license issue or the state of the Assembly which greys it out.  You can try adding &jcaDebug=true to the end of the URL and there should be a red bug that appears next to the action. It should tell you why its greyed out. Some validation kicked in to deactivate it. 

Let us know what you find.

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:avillanueva)

Thanks for a quick response!

1. u.PNG

As to the 2nd point - I can't. It's in the MASPB window and the URL is static.

I doubt it's license related. I have MPMLink module license, I can do pretty much everything and I can remove equivalent part links one by one under "Equivalent Parta" tab on mBOM side. But its tedious...especially now that I'm playing with it for the first time. I think I've read it's role-related issue (privileges).

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

@TomM 

Copy the link to normal browser, and you can add the jcaDebug parameter to the url.

PetrH

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:HelesicPetr)

Yeah, that's true. However, nothing has changed. There are no extra icons, it works the same as without this parameter..

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

@TomM 

That's a pity, therefor he debug mode is not available for the Transform UI.

Good to know it.

PetrH

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Just in case there is not a typo, can you should tail end of URL.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi @avillanueva 

I tried it in my Windchill 12.0.2.2 dev environment and I can confirm that debug mode is not shown in the BOM Transformation window.

url contains &jcaDebug=1 or &jcaDebug=true 

http://wchserver.ptc.com/Windchill/ptc1/mapsb/mapsb?oid=wt.part.WTPart:00000010&locale=en_US&uniqueId=44444444&un=-9056607123977975595&ur=wt.part.WTPart:00000010&dn=-8085219915875794815&jcaDebug=true 

PetrH 

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

@TomM 

Solution to allow Remove all equivalence links is described in an Article cs284926

PS: only Manufacturing Engineering Manager works in Wch 12.0.2.2

PetrH

TomM
12-Amethyst
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi.

Thank you! I'll try it tomorrow and get back to you with the results.

Any idea on the main topic? 😞

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

@TomM

In my opinion the issue appears if the CAD model is not correctly connected with WTPart object.

For example, CAD has been created by check-in without WTPart.

The WTPart was connected without build function. so there is just link. 

Then the behavior can appear.

PetrH

TomM
12-Amethyst

Ok, I have partly figured it out and made it work (not 100% though).

So article CS298065 is right that the CAD data is not correctly connected to WTPart (even though it's present and fine as far as assembly CAD data is concerned).

In order to build the CAD data for WTPart I went into the Compare to CAD data tool in the WTPart in order to "Build Multi-Level Part Structure"  but I was met with an error related to multiple parts preventing me from doing so. Article CS121264 describes that.

Turns out that my company moved from ProE a few years ago to Creo 7.0 and some parts have legacy parameter (sheet metal) which prevents parts from check-in. I had to open those parts in Creo 7.0, remove this parameter and check-in. 

The outcome is:

Now in MAPSB the manufacturing view starts empty and builds up when I add parts and assemblies (works as intended).

However, the "Design" view on the left side stays 100% complete all the time. Parts which are being moved to the manufacturing view do not get hidden/transparent in the design view.

So the last piece of the puzzle is to make design view parts disappear when they are moved to the manufacturing view in MAPSB. I'll be grateful for any suggestions leading to fix.

Cheers

Top Tags