cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Part where used in Variant Specification (Product Family)

SchmiNa
6-Contributor

Part where used in Variant Specification (Product Family)

Hello all, 

assume you created a Variant from a Variant Specification in the Product Family via BOM Transformer and "Generate Downstream Structure"...

Based on a WT Part that is included in the generated Variant: is there an easy way to trace from that WT Part (non generic) to all Variant Specifications in the corresponding Product Family where this WT Part is part of (or even that Variant Specification from which the Variant was generated on) ?

Using windchill pdmlink 12.0.2.7

3 REPLIES 3
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:SchmiNa)

I don't know if I have correctly understood your requests, the below mapping can be used to show the related Variant spec on a the variant page as alias attribute :

roleAObject@com.ptc.wpcfg.doc.VariantSpecVariantLink~roleBObject^com.ptc.wpcfg.doc.VariantSpec

Fede
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Fadel)

Hi @Fadel 

Good example how to use the alias attribute.

Unfortunately this can show you just the specification where the variant BOM has been generated. 

If the BOM contains generated sub Variant parts, they are not linked to the specification directly. 

assembly where the BOM has been generated shows the specification

HelesicPetr_0-1704290945753.png

sub variant does not. 

HelesicPetr_1-1704290998471.pngHelesicPetr_2-1704291025276.png

PetrH

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:HelesicPetr)

you are right , there is no link directly between the child parts and the VS .

Fede
Top Tags