cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Partial Admin privileges

rleir
17-Peridot

Partial Admin privileges

Hi all

Is it possible to grant a user partial admin privileges? A user would like to use QueryBuilder just so they can get some understanding of the Tables and fields in the DB. But I don't want to grant full admin privileges.

thanks -- Rick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:rleir)

This is a common need but not easy to accommodate.

There are ways to give people separate permissions to Create contexts, manage Types & Attributes a few others, but in general, one either has or does not have access to the Utilities menu, which includes query builder Report development.

A better solution likely is to rehost your production system and then give these users regular Site admin access to that system.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:rleir)

This is a common need but not easy to accommodate.

There are ways to give people separate permissions to Create contexts, manage Types & Attributes a few others, but in general, one either has or does not have access to the Utilities menu, which includes query builder Report development.

A better solution likely is to rehost your production system and then give these users regular Site admin access to that system.

One more approach is to create a group specially for this and grant all necessary access to this group. When required add user to this group and when requirement is done , remove user from it. 

Top Tags