cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Participant Administration Prefix Missing

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Participant Administration Prefix Missing

In 10.0 when adding a new user there was the Prefix, Suffix, First Name, Last Name fields. They removed it in 10.1. Now all they have is Full Name. I have to type the users last name comma then first name. I am not so concerned about the separate First Name/Last Name fields.

I am more concerned with the Prefix field. We have several users that I don't have personal interaction with. Mostly due to different continents. With some of these names I cannot tell whether they are male or female. Yes, at the time of user creation I would find out. But if I never interact with them I will forget. Or if the other Admin enters the user in to PDMLink I may not even know the sex when the account is created.

I create a call to PTC. They said there is a property that will put it back like how it was in 10.0. We added it to our test server and all looks great. However, after that we found a Document on PTC's site that said it will be fully removed in 10.2. What?

They had it in 10.0. Removed it in 10.1 but gave you the option to change a property to add it back. But then they plan to remove it for 10.2 anyway.

Has anyone noticed this. If so have you done anything to give you the male/female indication.

Steve Galayda

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags