cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

PartsLink Attribute Declassification

Brndn_4
8-Gravel

PartsLink Attribute Declassification

Windchill PDMLink/PartsLink 11.0 (M020)

Is anyone aware of a way to declassify WTParts in bulk? I know how to modify attributes via spreadsheet export/import, but I cannot seem to figure out how to declassify objects in a similar way. It would not be feasible to manually declassify WTParts in my situation.

For what it's worth, I noticed that manually declassified WTParts still retain their PartsLink attributes. I noticed this when exporting as an importable spreadsheet. It seemed that the removal of the "Classification" node structure attribute value removed it from appearing with other classified WTParts (as well as removing the "Classification" section on the "Details" page), but when trying to apply this on existing classified objects via spreadsheet import, it seemed to skip over removing that attribute value (as well as when removing the column altogether), leaving the WTPart visibly classified with all the rest.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
JHall
16-Pearl
(To:Brndn_4)

@Brndn_4 

After all the work of classification, I'm very intrigued why someone would want to declassify your WTParts?  

James

Brndn_4
8-Gravel
(To:JHall)

It's a bit hard to explain, but in short, some legacy things were classified that have no reason to be classified. They were lumped into the whole, and are never to be used (obsolete). Classification is not necessary to locate these WTParts because associations to documents, along with internal processes, take precedence with these. We would like them removed from the current offerings without having to maintain, or see them, again, within any classification search.

Michael41
4-Participant
(To:Brndn_4)

@Brndn_4 wrote:

It's a bit hard to explain, but in short, some legacy things were classified that have no reason to be classified. They were lumped into the whole, and are never to be used (obsolete). Classification is not necessary to locate these WTParts because associations to documents, diebestetest along with internal processes, take precedence with these. We would like them removed from the current offerings without having to maintain, or see them, again, within any classification search.

Very informative and useful article for beginners!

Top Tags