cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Password Policy during user creation

belandadi
17-Peridot

Password Policy during user creation

Hi,

As far as I know the Password Policy are applyed when users are added to groups. Is there any possibility to apply the Password Policy upon user/password creation (At this point, customer wants that the password policy verify whether the password complies with customer's password policy ) ?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Most people integrate with their network active directory such that Windchill recognizes only the network password for the user.

Hi, Thank you for the feedback. 

Sorry, I didn't understand the idea. Please, could you provide more explication about your suggestion...?

Thank you in advance

Arshad
17-Peridot
(To:belandadi)

Hii.. 

If you want to apply Password Policies for Windchill DS users then you may refer to this article CS22616

Hi All,

The scenario is the following :

Customer already set some Password Policies using the instruction in the following article : 

The Password Policies set are working only when the user is added to a Group and when modifying the password using another one that doesn't meet one of the policies and when clicking OK a message appears informing about that. 

Now, this is not working during user creation. I mean creating a new user and seting the password, even using a passrwod that doesn't meet the policies already set, there is no message or warning shown. 

Top Tags