cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Peer review of documents

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite

Peer review of documents

Hi, I have a group of users that I would like to review and add comments to a document/documents. How do other people manage reviewing Microsoft documents? I don't really want to promote any objects it is more of an activity prior to promoting to sanity check the document between a few users.

19 REPLIES 19

Hi Roy,

If you are going to have them in Windchill, are you also wanting to treat them differently than any other object? At first appearance, it seems they are just another object.  I was thinking a Promotion Request or something like that?

James

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite
(To:JHall)

Thanks for your input. I don't really want to do promotion request as the object should remain in a Draft state until all the feedback has been reviewed and added or rejected. From that point it would get promoted to an approved state.

We have attempted emailing a link to the file but this link fails for additional users once the first reviewer has made an update.

With Windchill 11.0 M030 we introduced a new object for Design Review.  One of the OOTB workflows we provide is Peer Review for this use case.  It does not do a state change - it does allow  one to define 1 to many documents to review where a user can have one (or more people) perform a review.

Its part of change so one can also tie a Design Review into a Change Request process or a Change Task process.

That's a really interesting process, thanks for bringing that to our community's attention!

JHall
16-Pearl

@JeffZemsky ,

We are planning on using this Design and Peer Reviews, but does anyone know where to find them after they are created? 
I don't see them on the Changes Tab of an Affected Object's Information Page.  I can search for them, if I know there number. 
I can see them in the Associated Process Objects of an ECR if I create one from the Design or Peer Review.

I can also see them in the folder context where they were created, if I limit the view to just Reviews.

This doesn't seem very helpful. I would think they would appear on any Affected Object's Information Page?  Any ideas on locating these after completion?

Thanks,

James

Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS08
WGM 11.0 M030
Inventor Pro 2017
Windows 10

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

@JHall We have a project to add that table in an upcoming release.  We release it is a hassle to not have it on the objects page.  I can share a report that can provide information.

@JeffZemsky

I would really like to see this report.  Also we might be able to leverage Subscription a to provide a little bit of tracking i.e. put the Peer/Design Review name in the Subscription. 

Thanks!

Hi Jeff, did you ever flow in a place to see the Design Review or Peer Review on the object tabs? I see this chain is from 2018 and I am hoping it was implemented! 

@sarahzim Great question - we are making updates to the related changes tables on the change tabs in Windchill 12.0.0.0 that will include showing related Design Reviews.

Great! Any workaround options for traceability to show what reviews are on what document objects? 

Also, are there any good trainings on the utilization of this tool? We are looking to implement it in our system but we want to use it as designed. The video you had did not have any volume for me!

JHall
16-Pearl
(To:sarahzim)

@JeffZemsky 

I wonder if we could get those tables in 11.1 or 11.2 as well as 12.0?

James

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

@JHall  CPS only support bug fixes and security fixes.  We do not backport features and as this is a large change to the UI is only applicable at a new release.

@JeffZemsky 

Understood.  I am very interested in this.  Could be part of a decision between going to Windchill 11.2 and 12.0

Did you say you would be posting a video?

James

@sarahzim let me see if I still have a version with audio.  Would make a good topic for a web session - we can get something setup

@JeffZemsky 
I'm looking in WC 12.0.0 and don't seem to be seeing the Design Review tables you mention here.  Could you point out where we might see them?

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

@JHall They appear in the Changes Table which was consolidated from 4 Tables in previous releases - it now shows Changes, Reviews, Problem Report, NC, CAPA, Deviation & Waiver in one table

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:JeffZemsky)

I can't play this video.  I've tried it in both IE and Chrome.

ThomasB
4-Participant
(To:JeffZemsky)

Hi Jeff, i am finding that only Admins are able to create a Design or Peer Review. I have an Engineer that is trying to create one and is getting a message that says he doesn't have permission. Is there a specific role users need to be assigned to or a preference that needs to be set in order to allow Engineers to create a Review?

@ThomasB sounds like an ACL issue.  If you have not modified any of the ACLs for your product or library I'd suggest opening a call with Tech Support about fixing the ACL.

Top Tags