cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Piping organization on Windchill

MarianoF
3-Visitor

Piping organization on Windchill

Hello everyone, I`m working with a lot of pipe spools on my company and we are migrating models from SE to CREO and starting working with all PTC programs (CREO and WIndchill). My question/issue is, when creating .asm of pipe spools (with spec driven or with non spec driven) I had all my structture correctly arranged on Windchill with all my WT parts for each part, but I have no clear info for the line stocks of the pipes and their quantities of length...
Is there an option to include the line stock (name) in the Windchill structure, like having a WT part associated to a Line stock?

Also, how do you manage that? You associate the parameters of the CAD pipes like line stock and length to attributes to the WT parts and have the info there to supply chain to bought the quantity for each part? Is there an automatic way to sum up the quantities for same line stock in a same .asm in the Windchill structure?

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
AntoDS
4-Participant
(To:MarianoF)

Hello @MarianoF , 

I'm after the same solution, in my view, associating the linestock file to a part in Windchill with source unit in meters, I would like that part to be retrieved in piping assemblies' structures with their correspondent length usage.

Thanks for starting the topic!

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:AntoDS)

Hi @AntoDS 

I usually advise to use alternative own iba usage attribute to define different special quantity and units.

This information is preferred in a integration with ERP. 

I've never found better solution.

PetrH

Top Tags