cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

PlanetPTC Live 2011 Call For Proposals

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

PlanetPTC Live 2011 Call For Proposals

Anyone know why the date is SO EARLY this year? What was it changed?

6 REPLIES 6

Yes, I know PTC is running the logistics of the event but PTC/User in
charge at some capacity. I was there. I didn't think they ceded review
of papers to PTC. In addition, the categories have changed:

WesTucker
4-Participant
(To:avillanueva)

Thanks for starting the conversation.

I was hoping they would try to keep the mix of "real world straight talk
user community experiences" combined with PTC advance looks and PTC
technical dives.

On first read through the "PlanetPTC Live" call for proposals page makes
me wince. Feels very sales oriented... how ptc can drive ptc products
deeper into companies. I find myself losing interest in participating or
attending. Maybe it is just the language they are using. I'll hope for
the best and try to influence where I can.

-=wes

We need an official response from PTC/User and/or PTC on this please. I
agree with Wes.

For many companies, the decision to spend the $ to send people hinges a lot on how valuable the sessions are expected to be. It's been very valuable for a long time in part specifically because it has not been sales oriented...

I don't think this looks much different than in years past. PTC User had always suggested topics. The one thing I don't see is a "theme" as in years past.

If you look at the instructions to presenters on the submission page, it looks like they want the same kind of presentations as always. (although someone needs to spell check it.)

By Combining the best aspect of the former PTC/USER World Event with best-in-class education, networking and access that is unmatched at any other event in our industry, PlanetPTC Live wil empower other users to drive value and efficiency at their organizations.

Of specific interest are in-depth customer case studies and related sessions that demonstrate the successful application of PTC solutions in real-world scenarios that empower other users to drive value and efficiency at their organizations.
Presenters may choose from several session formats and industry topics that represent the greatest areas of interest for PTC customers. Presentations can address any or all members of the PTC product suite, as well as user experience level and job role.

David Haigh

In Reply to Antonio Villanueva:

Antonio-

Thanks for your continued interest in the conference! It is indeed still true that PTC/USER is ultimately responsible for the content. In fact, we want to confirm that the PTC/USER Board of Directors is directly involved in the call for papers process. We have continued to participate and have influence over the conference agenda and content. All decisions are being made jointly with our active agreement and guidance. To answer your specific questions:

The call for papers has gone out earlier than in the recent past, and the call is open for a few less weeks. Nevertheless, users still have over a month to submit their papers online.

The topics were decided jointly by a team consisting of PTC/USER, PTC, and the third-party that PTC has hired to help them manage the conference logistics. I know the topics at first glance seem a little different. However, as others have pointed out, on the e-mail forums for example, they really are very similar to years past. Although some of the people have changed, the discussions and focus remain nearly identical to previous years. Why wouldn’t it, we had put in a winning process after years of trials, tweaking and great user input!

Take a good look at the descriptions. There is plenty of room for the product-line-specific, hard-core, roll-up-your-sleeves presentations that we know the users find valuable. For example, “The Future of CAD and PLM” and “The World According to PTC Users” provide plenty of leeway for users to show the cool things they are doing with Pro/ENGINEER! And, personally, I would encourage users to think about each topic broadly. For example, “Environmental Performance” may be a chance for a Pro/ENGINEER user to present a solar array design in which he used some presentation-worthy Pro/ENGINEER techniques.

There is no change in who will be evaluating and accepting papers. As in the past, there will be a team of PTC/USER and PTC employees reviewing, scoring, and commenting on the papers in each track. PTC/USER is fully engaged with that team, as we have been in the past several years.

I will be updating my blog with further information.

Ron Watson, President PTC/USER

Anyone know why the date is SO EARLY this year? What was it changed?

Top Tags