cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Print searchable FTA

MS_5328736
3-Visitor

Print searchable FTA

Hello, 

I am trying to figure out how to incorporate a FTA into a safety analysis I am making in a separated .doc file. I do not want to make it using screenshots or similar because I need the text within the tree to be searcheable once the analysis is saved in pdf. format.

What I have done so far is to print the tree to file .doc. The printing is ok but I am not able to copy the figures into other .doc file, they are pasted as an unreable mix of boxes and lines. See attachments.  

Any idea? I would appreciate a lot some help. 

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:MS_5328736)

Can you print to PDF and then open the PDF using Word? Or open the PDF using a more advanced PDF editor and try saving to a different format from the PDF editor?

Can you save the Windchill has HTML and then import the HTML?

Opening the pdf file using Word does not work, the FTA becomes a mess after convertion.

There is no option to print the FTA in HTML (see attached shot).

I have not tried with more advanced pdf edition, there should be a direct option to do it I guess. 

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:MS_5328736)

Its a webpage so you should be able to do a save as html from your browser. In most browsers this is a CTRL-S. You could then try and open the html in word.

Top Tags