cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Prioritize BOM view when generating ESI Response

Sha11
12-Amethyst

Prioritize BOM view when generating ESI Response

Hello,

Is it possible to prioritize the view of the BOM when generating ESI response xml. For example, if I have two views of the part, one Design View and one Manufacturing view, and both views' object is added to the change notice resulting objects, publish only Manufacturing view BOM and do not include Design view BOM in the response xml ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
aacciano3
13-Aquamarine
(To:Sha11)

Yes.

Try to play with the PSB filters, they are very powerful.

Once you find what you are looking for, then change your DT filter to a saved filter.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
aacciano3
13-Aquamarine

I believe this is possible adding/modifying the filter of your Distribution Target

Sha11
12-Amethyst
(To:aacciano3)

@aacciano3 ,

Is it something that can be done dynamically? For example, only if Design and Manufacturing view both were present, send the Manufacturing view. If only Design view BOM is associated in the change notice, then send the Design view itself.

aacciano3
13-Aquamarine

Yes.

Try to play with the PSB filters, they are very powerful.

Once you find what you are looking for, then change your DT filter to a saved filter.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

I have read this thread as I am faced with the same issue. Either I did not configure it correctly or its now working. the "Use view from Applicable Saved Filter" is set to Yes AND I have a saved view of MBOM tied to both Change Notices and BOM settings. This view is setup to be Manufacturing,Released but if unresolved, pull latest. I also checked the filter to apply to top level. Help docs indicated that the filter "does not apply to the top node"  which cancels out my desire to only send BOMs for Manufacturing views. 

The intent to to send Single Level (1) BOM from the Change Notice but that CN has both the Design and Manufacturing versions listed in the resulting objects.  The issue I found was that if there were parts on the Design BOM I did not want to push to ERP, they are appear in the XML file. I can clearly filter on which BOM I want to create but I cannot block the parts from the Design View. I only want parts that support the Manufacturing view to be created. 

There are some other switches I can see here but I will reply with my final results when done. Can anyone else share theirs?

aacciano3
13-Aquamarine
(To:avillanueva)

Hi @avillanueva ,

Are adding the saved view in the distribution target?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Do you mean filter or the mapping from Views to targets? I only have 1 distribution target. The PSB saved filter I have works to only show Manufacturing View (even if on Design view) BUT help docs indicate that it does not respect view settings that apply filter to target object.  ESI still traverse Design BOM and grabs its components. I thought I could direct Design View to a dummy distribution target but if I just have a component, our process has it that those parts do not have Manufacturing Views (perhaps that is the faulty assumption here) and I would lose those. I hate these split the baby problems.

Top Tags