cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Pro/I 3.4 M050 Fails to Take or Refresh License on Windows 7 Client

ptc-312014
1-Newbie

Pro/I 3.4 M050 Fails to Take or Refresh License on Windows 7 Client

Greetings Everyone,

The time has come for us to roll-out Windows 7 across the organization. This includes our Pro/E users who are still running XP Professional with WF 3 and Pro/I 3.4. I have carefully followed all of the threads I can find regarding this topic and have successfully been able to get the Pro/I Dashboard to display, but cannot for the life of me pull a license from our license server. As soon as I provide the User Name and Password, then press "OK", I am immediately presented with the dreaded "Failed to take or refresh license." I can ping the server by name, fully qualified name & IP Address. I have also used all three scenarios when loading/configuring Pro/I's ptcsetup. This has all of the indications of a Firewall issue, but I have turned the Windows Firewalloff completely. The system specs are below:

Client Machine: Windows 7 Professional, 64bit running Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 M050

License/Data/File Server:Windows 2000 Server w/ SP4 (Same Pro/I Datecode)

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm at my wit's end on this one.

Thanks for your time,

Douglas

PS. I should also note that from the Win7 client, I can pull a license of Pro/E WF3 just fine. It's license are also managed by the same server.

10/10/11 Update: We have determined that this issue is directly related to the "User Account Control" feature within Windows 7. Logging in as the local administrator will allow Pro/INTRALINK to run fine. Ifwe log in with a user account - even ifthe account isexplicitly listed in the Local Administrators group - Pro/I will not take or refresh a license. Since Pro/I runs totally fine as Local Administrator, the Javaw.exe "compatibility mode" has been correctly set. There must be an executable (or two)that is not set to "run as administrator" - but we cannot find it. For those of you running fine on Windows 7, have you disabled - or relaxed - the User Account Controls? We are trying to keep Windows 7 security as close to "out of the box" as we can, but obviously we have to tweak it a bit if we are going to get Pro/INTRALINK to run. Thanks! Douglas

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags