cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Pro/I r3.4 Client on Win 7 installation

mdristy
1-Newbie

Pro/I r3.4 Client on Win 7 installation

Hi, I am trying to install Pro/INTRALINK Client r3.4 M062 on a 64-bit PC with Windows & Ultimate. (Note: This same computer used to have 64-bit Vista Ultimate on it and INTRALINK r3.4 M062 Client worked just fine.) The installation goes just fine, but when I try to launch Pro/I I get the PTC window to pop up, but the log-in "window" never comes up. Can anyone give me some guidelines or instruction or tips on getting INTRALINK r3.4 M062 Client to work on a Windows 7 64-bit PC? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mark,

There are two things to be done here:

First, to get the Pro/INTRALINK client to run under Windows 7, you need to change how the embedded java executable runs. The version that comes with Pro/I 3.4 is old and not supported under Windows 7. So if you run it in compatability mode it will work.

• Go to the <proiclient>\i486_nt\jre\bin\ folder and select javaw.exe
  • RMB and select Properties and select Compatability
  • set it to Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) as shown

Clipboard01.png

Now Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 M062 will run.

The second step is not required, but more of a "nice to have". If you're running a Windows Theme with Aero effects, when you run Pro/I it will turn them off. To fix this do the following:

• Go into your <proiclient>\bin directory and select your Pro/I startup command (e.g. proiclient3.4.bat) and edit it.
  • Change the line:
    start /B %prodir%\%mc%\jre\bin\javaw -Xmx256m -Xss8m -jar %PRO_DIRECTORY%\java\lib\Intralink.jar -l %luknfeel% %intralinkparams% >> "%logfile%"

to
    start /B %prodir%\%mc%\jre\bin\javaw -Xmx256m -Xss8m -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -jar %PRO_DIRECTORY%\java\lib\Intralink.jar -l %luknfeel% %intralinkparams% >> "%logfile%"

Note that Pro/I 3.x is not supported on Windows 7 at all by PTC. But this should get you going.

Regards,

Allan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Mark,

There are two things to be done here:

First, to get the Pro/INTRALINK client to run under Windows 7, you need to change how the embedded java executable runs. The version that comes with Pro/I 3.4 is old and not supported under Windows 7. So if you run it in compatability mode it will work.

• Go to the <proiclient>\i486_nt\jre\bin\ folder and select javaw.exe
  • RMB and select Properties and select Compatability
  • set it to Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) as shown

Clipboard01.png

Now Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 M062 will run.

The second step is not required, but more of a "nice to have". If you're running a Windows Theme with Aero effects, when you run Pro/I it will turn them off. To fix this do the following:

• Go into your <proiclient>\bin directory and select your Pro/I startup command (e.g. proiclient3.4.bat) and edit it.
  • Change the line:
    start /B %prodir%\%mc%\jre\bin\javaw -Xmx256m -Xss8m -jar %PRO_DIRECTORY%\java\lib\Intralink.jar -l %luknfeel% %intralinkparams% >> "%logfile%"

to
    start /B %prodir%\%mc%\jre\bin\javaw -Xmx256m -Xss8m -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -jar %PRO_DIRECTORY%\java\lib\Intralink.jar -l %luknfeel% %intralinkparams% >> "%logfile%"

Note that Pro/I 3.x is not supported on Windows 7 at all by PTC. But this should get you going.

Regards,

Allan

Thank you for the answer which saved me a great deal of time and frustration

Top Tags