cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

ProIntralink 3.4 M070 &Wildfire2.0 M280 Crashes

shim
12-Amethyst

ProIntralink 3.4 M070 &Wildfire2.0 M280 Crashes

Dear Intralinkers,

We have started our migration from Wildfire2.0 to Wildfire4.0
Our plans are to upgrade to Wildfire 4.0 in two stages:
1. Upgrading to Intralink 3.4 M070 and Wildfire 2.0 M280.
2. Upgrading to Wildfire 4.0 M080.
We have completed stage 1 about 6 weeks ago. Since that upgrade, we face stability problems: Intralink & Pro/E crashes and performance has decreased.In most cases when Intralink crashes we get a hs_err_pidxxx.log file (I have attached an example) and in some cases, when Proe crashes we have in the std.out file a quite vague Exception notice (Exception - code was -1073741819).
Prior to the upgrade we worked with Intralink 3.4 M030 and Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 2.0M230 which was a very stable Configuration.
We are using Windows XP 32 bit with the /3GB switch and ProE+Intralink client are installed on a network .
Our workstations are PTC certified.

Do you have a similar configuration, or planning to move to a similar configuration?
Have you experienced similar issues ?
Do you have any other suggestion?

Your inputs will be appreciated.

Best Regards

Shimon Michaelovich
Pdm+Mcad Engineer
RAFAEL
1 REPLY 1
shim
12-Amethyst
(To:shim)

Summary::
Hello,

From the responses I have received it seems that there are other companies that would take the same upgrade path and are concerned.

I have received some suggestions, most of them we have already investigated and no real change.

We are waiting for PTC'S investigation.

Due to a vacation I won't be available next week , I'll post another summary If I'll have any news.

Best Regards,

Shimon Michaelovich

RAFAEL

The responses were:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Please post a summary or send info to me. I will do as you within a couple of weeks. Thx in advance.

Top Tags