cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

ProToolkit and Windchill

bwilson-2
4-Participant

ProToolkit and Windchill

HI all,

Does anyone know if it would be possible to use ProToolkit to read in a list of CAD models from Windchill and export them to a folder? I need to make this as simple as possible for my manufacturing customers. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

7 REPLIES 7

So you are looking to have a very easy to use script that will run pro/e in the background, gather the objects on the list, and then export them into a timestamped folder right?

[cid:image001.gif@01CBB7F0.26189390]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

We're getting this error message when doing a search in Windchill

Server Exception: (com.infoengine.util.IEResource/..)
com.infoengine.au.NoSuchServiceException: No such service

We are using PDMLink strictly for Pro/E data management at this time, we
do not have InfoEngine (which is mentioned in the error). Doing a
search has not produced this error up until today.

Thanks, John

This electronic message including any attachments ("Message") may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under trade secret and other applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, permanently delete all copies of this Message, and be aware that examination, use, dissemination, duplication or disclosure of this Message is strictly prohibited.

We also get this error from time to time and i don't know why, but the solution was always to delete the tomcat cache (work directory) and restart tomcat and windchill.

gwalker
4-Participant
(To:bwilson-2)

We get that error when the services start in the wrong order. In our case we start the tomcat service last to avoid this problem.
jessh
5-Regular Member

Gordon, which version of Windchill (and Tomcat) is this?

I ask as I think this startup ordering issue was fixed at some point.

Hi Jesse,

We're on 9.1 M060 and this error is due to startup order and is very repeatable.

Startup order actually causes two different errors:

Error in Pricipal Administrator:
nullnull: [LDAP: error code 34 - The provided value "nullnull" could not be parsed as a valid distinguished name because the last non-space character was part of the attribute name 'nullnull']

Error in searches:
Server Exception: (com.infoengine.util.IEResource/..) com.infoengine.au.NoSuchServiceException: No Such service: .com.atk.ca..sv-apptest..Windchill

To correct this we specify the startup order for those services using the technique suggested in Microsoft's knowledge base article 193888 as follows:

Edit the registry to add DependOnService values to make services start in order:

Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ILINK_Apache
DependOnService > Modify > add WindchillDS to bottom of existing list

Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ILINK_Tomcat
Edit > New > Multi-String Value > DependOnService = ILINK_Apache

Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ILINK_Service
Edit > New > Multi-String Value > DependOnService = ILINK_Tomcat

Restart server

Regards,

Mike Foster
ATK

jfelkins
12-Amethyst

You can do this in JLink too. It is very easy. Are you interested in JLink?
Top Tags