cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Problem with GD&T Notation

Matt_Bowers
5-Regular Member

Problem with GD&T Notation

I'm trying to fix an issue that I've run into with one of my co-worker's computers. I work in the IT department at my company, and he recently submitted a ticket showing a screenshot in windchill of a part not showing GD&T notations. BSkaggs Windchill Issue.png

I tried a few different fixes, including installing and testing new fonts, but nothing seemed to fix this sheet. However, I asked him to open a different part, and the notations displayed just fine. Is there any reason that the notations are not properly displaying on just this one part? Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

7 REPLIES 7
Matt_Bowers
5-Regular Member
(To:Matt_Bowers)

Well, as it turns out, there is one more part that for some reason isn't displaying the notations properly. Windchill Issue 2.png

With the exception of these two parts, every other part displays normally. Is there any solution, or is it just an error with the specific sheets?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

What version of Creo Parametric is being used?  Does the GD&T show up correctly on his computer?  What version of Creo Parametric is running on the Windchill CAD worker?

JHall
16-Pearl
(To:TomU)

We corrected this on our system by loading a missing GDT font on the offending machine.  However in our case, it  was an Inventor font. 

Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS09
WGM 11.0 M030
Inventor Pro 2017
Windows 10
SAP Version 7400.3.10.1126

Matt_Bowers
5-Regular Member

He is using Creo version 3.0M120. GD&T does show up on his computer, it just looks like the 2 sheets that he sent me don't display properly.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

The picture is showing a DWG file so I'm assuming this is what your publisher (CAD worker) is generating.  I'd suggest opening the suspect files directly on the CAD worker and see if they display correctly.  Maybe even temporarily switch publishing to PDF files instead and see if the problem still exists.  (PDFs embed their fonts.  I think DWGs rely on the fonts installed on the computer viewing them.)

Matt_Bowers
5-Regular Member

I tried opening the file as a PDF, but it still showed up with incorrect notation. It seems that a few people are having this issue, while others are not. They've decided to redraw the part, as it would save many headaches down the road. Is there any reason why the notation isn't showing up even in a PDF?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Was the PDF created on the co-worker's computer or somewhere else (like the CAD worker)?

Top Tags