cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Problems Registering Windchill Server

jfreund
1-Newbie

Problems Registering Windchill Server

Hi,

We're trying to set up Windchill. We have a Windchill account and can log into it, but we're having issues registering our server in Creo. We had previously managed to register a server, and this is still on our list, but it says "offline" and we can't select it. We tried to register a new server, but after typing in our name and location fields into the boxes (using the location provided in the Windchill Practical Guide for FIRST), messages pop up, saying "Invalid server location. Please change the 'Location' field and try again." and "You have no workspace to register. You cannot register this server without a workspace."

Thanks for any help help you can offer.

2 REPLIES 2

Invalid server location. Please change the 'Location' field and try again. - This error is when the syntax of the URL is incorrect. Typically, the URL is http://servername/Windchill.

You have no workspace to register. You cannot register this server without a workspace - This error is when the user is not added to appropriate role in Windchill. What you can do is, navigate to the product as an administrator or product manager, add the user to a role that has CAD rights, say  member.

Regards

Binesh Kumar

Medtronic

dvalavala
4-Participant
(To:jfreund)

Hi,

Today i got a same issue, what i found it . . Previously i had a access to product after that Admin denied the access to it . . . while at the time i was integrating creo to windchill, i got the error.

Solution: if you try to delete or edit the server it won't. . so while at the time we can't register new server also .. . Only one thing to do rid of this. .. .  set primary server as <no server> and then it enable the delete option, then you can delete the  user or server, which you created before.

now you can register  new server as a primary server.

Please find the screen shots  for better understanding. 

I hope it helpful to all.

Thanks 

Phaneendra & Pravin

Top Tags