cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Product Manager role / backup admin setup best practices

vmcdaniel
2-Guest

Product Manager role / backup admin setup best practices

What is your practice for allowing a business unit admin or designer(s) to set state, delete objects in their products?

I have our WC 9.1 m060 configured to allow Product Manager permission to set state, delete. Problem I had was this also allowed Product Create/Delete and changing of the Preferences at the product level, this I would like an Org Admin to do.

I'm flip-flopping on: 1. Change the PM role permissions 2. LOCK all Preferences at Org level. 3. Trust people to do the right thing. 4. Continue forcing users to contact me to set-state / delete. 5. Create a workflow for users to roll back the state and enable delete for WIP(InWork).

Thanks for your thoughts, Happy Monday!

-Vaughn

1 REPLY 1

Many things are hard-coded for the Manager of the context - allowing that person both data access and configurations access. We don't use the Manager Role at all for exactly this reason.

An alternate approach is to create another Role and assign it the Full Control (All) ACL, so they have all access to data in that context, but no access to the LC, WF, preferences, etc., etc. in that place.
Top Tags