cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Product Problem Report, Change Request/Notice Audit

j_workman
1-Newbie

Product Problem Report, Change Request/Notice Audit

Hi Everyone, 

I'm an intern at a large company who is very new to Windchill. I've been tasked to "audit" Product PRs, CRs, and CNs with the end goal of understanding which ones conform to our specific Global Change Process and which ones are leaving things out. 

For example, I'd like to be able to generate a list of recent Problem Reports and then have the ability to look at a individual report and verify if the user added a Number, Name, Requestor, Problem Category, etc etc. when they generated a problem report. 

Any suggestions or better ways to go about this would be greatly appriciated. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:j_workman)

You can take a look at the OOTB reports.  In the Navigator select the Browse tab.

Select the Changes icon.  (I would post a picture of what it looks like but we can't do that easily enough in this new forum)

You have Issues (I think these are Problem Reports), Change Requests and Change Notices.  Select one.

You can create your own view to add or remove whatever column is available.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
STEVEG
21-Topaz I

You can take a look at the OOTB reports.  In the Navigator select the Browse tab.

Select the Changes icon.  (I would post a picture of what it looks like but we can't do that easily enough in this new forum)

You have Issues (I think these are Problem Reports), Change Requests and Change Notices.  Select one.

You can create your own view to add or remove whatever column is available.

Well that was easy. Time to sift through these. Thanks a bunch!

Edit: Also, you're right. The "Issues" category is synomous to Problem Reports. 

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

No problem.  I'm glad I could help.

There is also the Report Manager.  You have to had Org or Site admin rights I think.  You can get more in-depth reporting but it can be difficult.  I am still on 10.1 but I heard it's better in 11.  Looking forward to it hopefully at the end of this year.

Top Tags