cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Product Structure Data Integrity Checks

sdrzewiczewski
7-Bedrock

Product Structure Data Integrity Checks

As a related topic to my Packages thread I just posted, we need to export our data from Windchill and believe that using Packages, we will be able to do that with minimal customizations. The biggest challenge that we are facing right now is that the integrity of the product stuctures many times leaves a lot to be desired.

My question, have you created any tools to validate the quality of the product structure? If so how have you done this? How do users run these checks, is it manually run, during a change process workflow? What types of checks do you currently check for?

Thanks,

Steve D.

1 REPLY 1

Hi Steve,

We have a custom Java program written that runs every night and check for data validation. We check for specific items in structure like a certain object type is child of other object type and so forth. We also have validation to check for effectivity, certain associations and baselines. Results are written to a .csv file. After each nightly run, another program will send email to a group with validation results file who then fix issues found.

Yogesh

Top Tags