cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Product Tasks 'and' condition filter

DH_9166861
4-Participant

Product Tasks 'and' condition filter

Hello,

Wondering if anyone knows if it's possible via a wildcard or otherwise to filter 'product tasks' for specific 'and' conditions on tasks.

Currently using the product tasks section to get a live overview of change tasks that are open and who they are sat with.  Currently this gives an overview of the whole project but I was hoping I could filter this down to be able to have specific views for certain teams within a department.

So like the below, this would show me the required output for Joe Bloggs, but how could I add John Smith and others to this report to be able to filter on a smaller group of individuals?

DH_9166861_0-1669976875324.png

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DH_9166861
4-Participant
(To:DH_9166861)

Thank you all.

In the end my colleague identified continuing the use of 'Not equal to' for the assignee group also.

Unfortunately we have quite a large engineering community so quite a few names to populate but the outcome gives me the change related items I'm looking for as a live view.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

You can use a report query builder.

I have a complete one for all the objects related to the changes.

It is quite complex and also has several attributes with text in Italian (but they should be easily translatable to find the names used in Windchill)

Below you can see the diagram of the used tables, joins and outer joins (to extract data even if one of the tables does not return any data with the imposed conditions).

Some tables are used multiple times to extract user names.

I may share it but you can hardly import it into your system without errors.

Marco_Tosin_0-1669978328126.png

These are the used criteria

Marco_Tosin_1-1669978566501.png

Marco

Thank you Marco,

I have a feeling we don't have the report query builder module, or atleast it's not accessible at woring level and may be more centrally controlled by our IT team.  I'll investigate further though so thanks again for the input.

Regards

Daniel

shussaini
15-Moonstone

You can also use the Reporting resource page in case you are new to Windchill Reporting.

hope that helps.

regards
~Syed

Every Windchill install has it but you need to be admin in a context. That can be product, library, org or site to see it. Yes, your IT team will control this but if you have a test server, they should be able to carve out a context for you to play in. Having a background in SQL is key to understanding Query Builder along with how items in Windchill related to one another. There are some limitations with Query Builder which are frustrating. You can find those postings on this site.

@avillanueva  

I would add that OOTB Product/Library Manager has access to the query builder on the Product/Library level .

But there is one limit, as a not admin user can not use Bypass ACL rules in properties of report template.

PetrH

Yeah, that is what I meant. Product/Library Manager is admin of that area kind of.

You could also look into making saved searches. 

DH_9166861
4-Participant

Thank you all.

In the end my colleague identified continuing the use of 'Not equal to' for the assignee group also.

Unfortunately we have quite a large engineering community so quite a few names to populate but the outcome gives me the change related items I'm looking for as a live view.

Top Tags