cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Product Teams vs. Recipient in Workflow

RocketMan
1-Newbie

Product Teams vs. Recipient in Workflow

Hi, I'm hoping someone has some insight into this issue: I'm doing some testing of a Workflow but I'm doing it in a dummy Product because I don't have a test environment. I've set it up so the people who receive Approved Promotion Requests are in a Group which are then put on a Role within that product. My intent was to set it up so that this group would only see "Promotion Approved" notices with the actual product line rather than the dummy Product. I set up the workflow initially so the Group would get the Approved emails, but then I saw notifications going to that Group so I removed it from the Recipients list of the Promotion Request Approval Notification and I noticed emails from the dummy Product were still being sent to this group.

After doing a lot of clicking around as wcadmin, orgadmin, and myself, I noticed that for whatever reason (confusion probably) I created the Role mentioned above under the Teams minor tab of the dummy Product, and not the production Product. My question is: do these Role contacts receive these notifications regardless what's in the Recipient list in the Workflow? I would have thought the Recipient list would ultimately define who received notifications but it appears that's not so. Alternately, is it possible that Tomcat/Apache/the server should be rebooted after adding/deleting groups to/from a workflow in order for the changes to take effect?

Thanks so much for any insight anyone can offer.

1 REPLY 1

If the notification robot in the workflow template is configured to a Group (defined at Org, Groups), then it goes to that Group regardless of Product.

If configured to a Role, then the system looks to that Role in the current context to find who is mapped to it (which could be the same group or could be individuals).

Other options if configured to a Role are for the system to look to an Org-level or Context level team template to map the Role to a Group or users.

Complex - need to configure / test in small increments to get confidence.

Top Tags