cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Product and Library Policy Management

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

Product and Library Policy Management

When the product and library are created, the default policy is applied.
I would like to predefine the Dafault policy for the life cycle I define.
What should I do?

Help

thank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

You can create Library or Product template at Site > Templates or Organization > Templates under Product or Library section.

And while creating new Product or Library use this newly defined template and policies were taken into consideration for new Product/Library.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Shirish

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You can to create product and library templates with the policies you need.

Hi SergeyEfimov

where i can create product or library templates?

thanks

Hello,

You can create Library or Product template at Site > Templates or Organization > Templates under Product or Library section.

And while creating new Product or Library use this newly defined template and policies were taken into consideration for new Product/Library.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Shirish

Hello, When exporting to a template, only the folder structure, team members, document templates, object initialization rules, template visibility, and preferences are applied. How do I apply policy management?

OTB, all Product and Library templates include many (a zillion, zillion) ACL's.  Most admin's eventually come to the conclusion that this presents the need for far too much laborious maintenance. Best for most systems is to re-create all that are common to Org level (/Org/PDM) and delete from the Products and Libraries.

Note: Use of "Private" (not explained all that well by PTC) is very helpful for those contexts that should not inherit and use the common ACLs at Org level.

Top Tags