cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

ProductPoint Config.pro options save_bitmap

TTTHOM
1-Newbie

ProductPoint Config.pro options save_bitmap

What is the advantage of having the save_bitmap set to alllevels AND having the generate_viewable_on_save set to Yes?

It seems to me that just generating the viewable is enough but I saw Tristar geting started recomended both to be turned on and I am not sure I see the difference.

1 REPLY 1

Hi Terry,

You're correct in questioning that. You don't need the save_bitmap option set if you're using the recipe file option intf_out_pvs_recipe_file pointing to proeWildfire5.0\apps\prodview\recipe\productpoint.rcp. This recipe file will generate a thumbnail itself that will be independant of the user's screen settings. If you have the save_bitmap option set, the static thumbnail will be a screenshot of your Pro/E window, so it will include datums, annotations, screen colours etc. - everything that you see on the screen. If you just use the recipe file, it will generate a nice "clean" thumbnail.

This is all outlined in the PTC document "Getting Started Using Windchill ProductPoint with Pro/ENGINEER and Other Applications" that can be downloaded from the Reference Documents section of the PTC Support Site. Just search for "thumbnail" and you'll find it on page 15.

Cheers,

Allan

Top Tags