cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Project - Vendor access by folder

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Project - Vendor access by folder

We're setting up to have a single project with multiple vendors accessing it. We'd like to keep what each vendor can see separate - by folder tree. Suggestions on how to configure access control for this?

PTC help on how access control / security works in Projects is incredibly confusing.

thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

I know this is old but I am doing exactly this right now, could you achieve this architecture?

Guilherme Rocha

cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:MikeLockwood)

Hello

Depending on your Project Manager, I find that the Manage Security work quite well.

We have done something similar and maybe you could look at this

Create a Role per supplier

For each folder allow appropriate role with the Manage Security.

This is quite ad-hoc and must be done for each project and the Project Manager must be quite confident in using this.

We have dummy account we use to test access permission, as sometime we are not sure if what we have done will give the expected results.

You could also manage this from an org admin level by creating project template and domain policy but that is only good if you have many projects that requires such access permissions.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Top Tags