cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

ProjectLink - Best practices - Number of project created

cc-2
6-Contributor

ProjectLink - Best practices - Number of project created

Hello everyone.

We are implementing several modules of Windchill. We have done PDMLink and are now getting close to implement ProjectLink. I expected to use ProjectLink to manage all sort of projects from a small ones to big ones. However, I have been advised to use ProjectLink only for big long projects. There reason being that each project is a container and it adds more "constrainted" to the whole system. If we create +300 projects a year, this may crash the whole system in a few years because there would be too many containers.

Can you please tell me from your experience what you think of this.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
AL_ANDERSON
5-Regular Member
(To:cc-2)

We are using ProjectLink 9.0. We do not have other modules installed on that system. We have 1175 projects and growing. A few pages that containa list of all projects are slow, but otherwise we have not had any problems. It helps if you maintain the state and status of your projects so the "Active" and "Completed" filters on your Full List of projects works. Al AndersonSolar Turbines Incorporated
-----"NacNac MOTT" <christoph.cenac@renold.com> wrote: -----
Top Tags