cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

ProjectLink Permissions

slapha
15-Moonstone

ProjectLink Permissions

I'm having a hard time getting the exact permissions I need in ProjectLink. We're using ProjectLink as a holding ground for files that will only be needed as part of the project, but we want to be able to prevent them from being modified after they reach a certain level, much like PDM files in their lifecycles.

I want a group of people to be able to upload a file but when it's moved to a state of Released, for them not to be able to update it anymore.

(You would think this would be a simple common task, especially since we have it working properly in PDMLink).

Right now this group is set to Member (to allow for uploading), But the Project folder permissions (Full, Modify, Read, None) seem to overpower anything put into the policy administrator, both in the positive and negative aspects.

If I use Read, but give them modify/create policyaccess for concept items they can't modify/create.

But if I give them modify access in the folders, but restrict the Released file. They can modify released files.

I'm trying to avoidthem having to set a statefor locked visibility AND do access control at the file/folder level.

We're on Windchill 8.0, upgrading to 9.1 in the somewhat near future, but we can't wait for 9.1 for this implementation.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steven LaPha

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags