cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

ProjectLink durations

rstav
1-Newbie

ProjectLink durations

ProjectLink admins,

I did a quick search on the PTC tech support website and the PTCuser website and was not able to find anything. We just moved from 9.0 M060 to 9.1 M060 and now it looks like durations in ProjectLink are acting different. I logged a call to PTC Tech support yesterday morning to confirm and have yet to hear back from them.

Back in 9.0 I would enter in a duration and it would show up just like I type it in.

Now in 9.1 if I type in a duration and it lands on a weekend it will automatically add an extra two days.

Is this a setting or a functionality change?

Thanks for your help.
Rich

Richard Stavish
Pro/E System Administrator

[cid:image001.jpg@01CD3436.EC837950]<file: c:\users\rstav\appdata\roaming\microsoft\signatures\sargent_logo.jpg=">

E-mail:
Office:
Fax:
Mobile:

RStavish@sargentaerospace.com
520-744-1000 x4570
520-744-7529
520-437-5811
1 REPLY 1
jzupfer
1-Newbie
(To:rstav)

Hello,

The following two properties (described in the properties.html file in codebase) might be helpful to you in this regard. As you'll see, the default value for wt.calendar.calculateDefaults prior to 8.0 was false, which directed the system to check for non-working days and take those days into account when calculating duration. The current default is true, which calls for use of a fixed calendar with default non-working days:

wt.calendar.calculateDefaults

Default: true
Synopsis: Control whether task due dates and project plan estimated finish dates depend on system and user calendar working days.
Description: True - Do not check the system or individual users calendars for non-working days defined when calculating task due dates or project plan activity estimated finish dates. Use instead a fixed calendar with default non-working days specified by the wt.calendar.nonWorkDaysOfTheWeek property (which defaults to 1,7 with Sunday = 1st day of week and Saturday = 7th day of week) for all weeks of the year. This is the default value for Windchill 8.0 and improves system performance --particularly for tasks or activities with long durations (many days or weeks). False - Check the system and user calendars for non-working days defined and take these days into account when calculating task due dates and project plan activity finish dates. This was the default setting for versions prior to Windchill 8.0.

wt.calendar.nonWorkDaysOfTheWeek

Default: 1,7
Synopsis: The typical weekly non-work days.
Description: These are the days of each week that will be marked as non-working days in the Windchill System Calendar. The days are numbered 1 through 7 - Sunday being 1, and Saturday being 7. If these days are changed, the Method Server must be restarted and the ResetAll button must be selected in the Windchill System Calendar client before the modification takes place.

I hope this is helpful.

Jane
Jane Zupfer
VP, Windchill Publications

T 763-957-8299 F 763-957-8001
E -

PTC.com

Top Tags