cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Promote action disappeared

gchampoux
1-Newbie

Promote action disappeared

No one can promote anything today because the Promote action (or menu button) has disappeared from everywhere.

As the admin, I must have broke something, but don't see how.
Here's all I did:

I edited our one-and-only life cycle that is used for all documents and cad documents.
Specifically, I enabled (check-box) to promote from Release to Obsoelete.
Afterward, the Promote action disappeared for everyone, including me (the admin).
Thinking that the life-cycle edit was the cause, I edited it back to what it was before.
That didn't help.
I also restarted the method server, which also did not help.

Any advice before I contact PTC?

Gerry

4 REPLIES 4

1. Any change to the Documents / CAD Documents lifecycle only applies for new or on Revise, so all existing data should not be affected. Try with both old and new data. The updated lifecycle may be applied to any existing data ahead of Revising using "Re-Assign Lifecycle."

2. Verify that the lifecycle for the Promotion Request was not accidently disabled while working on the other Lifecycle.
[cid:image001.png@01CCE4B3.A68E14F0]

3. Make sure that whatever workflow template(s) are used for Promotion are enabled.

[cid:image002.png@01CCE4B4.094F4D20]

4. Confirm the Preference that maps workflow template(s) points to the actual workflow template(s) desired.
[cid:image003.png@01CCE4B4.094F4D20]

Thanks to all the replied, and special thanks to Mike Lockwood.
While editing the object life cycle, I inadvertantly disabled the promotion (approval process) life-cycle.
Once it was enabled again, all was well.

Gerry

In Reply to Gerry Champoux:

No one can promote anything today because the Promote action (or menu button) has disappeared from everywhere.

As the admin, I must have broke something, but don't see how.
Here's all I did:

I edited our one-and-only life cycle that is used for all documents and cad documents.
Specifically, I enabled (check-box) to promote from Release to Obsoelete.
Afterward, the Promote action disappeared for everyone, including me (the admin).
Thinking that the life-cycle edit was the cause, I edited it back to what it was before.
That didn't help.
I also restarted the method server, which also did not help.

Any advice before I contact PTC?

If the OIR for promote is disabled, you will lose the action for everyone including site admins.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Way to go Mike, you da Man.

Top Tags