cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Promotion Request Stalled

Ianaw
4-Participant

Promotion Request Stalled

I am running Windchill 10.1 and am having an issue with a Promotion Request stalling between the "Set State to Under Review" and the "Approve Promotion Request" task.  My user completed their task and sent it off to 2 approvers but it never made it to that step.  From the queue it looks like I am getting a Entry failed due to database rollback.  The items in the promotion objects are 2 WTParts and 1 WTDocument.  What is WIndchill trying to tel me the issue is?  We have not made any changes to the OOTB workflows.

2 REPLIES 2
dmistry-3
17-Peridot
(To:Ianaw)

Hi Ianaw,

There could be a lot of issues going on here that could explain what's going on.

10.1 is a really old version and alot of workflow improvements have been made (especially starting with 10.2 M030, and again 11.0 M030 as real game changers). Would recommend that you consider upgrading to a supported secured version of Windchill as soon as you can.

Is this something repeatable?

If you were to initiate a new workflow on this Promotion Request, does it fail in the same spot?

Have you been able to run this workflow successfully before?

What is the error message you are getting? Usually Rollbacks have something right before them that would indicate what the error was that caused the rollback.

Thanks

Ianaw
4-Participant
(To:dmistry-3)

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, it is very old, unfortunately I work for a very large company with many sites and we are in the middle of a huge undertaking to get all sites together and on the latest version of Windchill.  My site is on schedule for the 4th quarter this year.  That being said I am thinking I remember this being an issue back in my days at another company.  I believe it had to do with trying to put  2 separate object types in the same Promotion Request.  I am going to test this tomorrow by trying to do the same objects in this PR in 2 new ones keeping the same object types in the same PR.  Will respond tomorrow if it worked.

Top Tags