cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Promotion request problem

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member

Promotion request problem

So, I thought I was going mad last week when it seemed that a drawing I was working on just went backwards in time, but now I know what happened. I checked it out, made some changes, checked it back in, then I created a Promotion Request with said drawing.

Before the appropriate person could accept it, I got a call form Doc Control who wanted me to add a couple of things to the drawing. So I deleted the Promotion Request.

Now I see that drawing is back at the previous iteration! Deleting the Promotion Request deletes the last iteration! I haven't checked yet, but it probably also deleted a part iteration that I had to change for the drawing.

Does anyone if I can get those file(s) back? Or how I can set it up so that deleting Promotion Request does not delete any files being promoted?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Everyone gets 3 mistakes / year - and it's July for your first one, not bad.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Deleting the Request absolutely does not delete any affected data.

Recommend enabling Delete in configAudit.xml to have delete records available.

Don't know what to suggest to get the files back.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:GrahameWard)

I'm with Mike on this one!

Never have we seen a deleted promotion request also delete the latest iteration that is in the promotion request.

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

Please forget it, I am out of my mind.... I was working on a different server (a test server we are experimenting with) and the real server was offline. I was seeing the earlier iteration on our test server. 

dogderp.png

Everyone gets 3 mistakes / year - and it's July for your first one, not bad.

GrahameWard
5-Regular Member
(To:MikeLockwood)

That's just the one you know about

Top Tags