cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Publish Error? What is this?

MSC12
1-Newbie

Publish Error? What is this?

I have been populating our Windchill with a numer of PRT and DRW files and everything seems to be going in okay and functions the way I expect. I recently checked the WVS Job Moniter and it had thousands of the sme error message! It seems as if every part I put in is getting this error and I dont really understand what it is. Here is a screen shot of the Job moniter. Is this something I should be concerned with? What is causeing all these errors? What even is a publish job that it is failing to do?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

wat.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MSC12)

Windchill is attempting to send the CAD file to a separate publisher to convert the CAD data to a lightweight viewable for use in Creo View. Do you have a separate computer (or virtual machine) configured with Creo/Proe to publish files? If so, do you have the worker agent configured to communicate with it?

MSC12
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

I do not think we have a machine configured to do this. What exactly is publishing? What is the benefit? Besides not having a file to use with creo view is there any downside to not doing this? If there are no other down sides, can I turn it off?

Sorry for all the questions, m still very new to this program.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MSC12)

If you don't want to be able to open files from Windchill directly in Creo View then you shouldn't need publishing. You probably have a property turned on that tells the system to automatically publish everything upon check in. You will probably want to turn that off. The property is called "publish.service.readytopublish.enabled". For more information, see the Windchill Visualization Services Guide.

http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/157363/en/WindchillVisualizationServicesGuide_10-2_M020.pdf

Top Tags