cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Publish SolidWorks >> .dwg, GTOL's not displayed in Creo View

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Publish SolidWorks >> .dwg, GTOL's not displayed in Creo View

Just ran into a SolidWorks drawing with some GTOL's.  Parts of each missing when viewed in Creo View for some users, but not others.

Turns out those who saw correctly have AutoCAD installed.  Seems that we need all to have the correct gdt_____.ttf file under C;/Windows/Fonts.

Publishing / Viewing SolidWorks is becoming a bigger and more complex puzzle every day.  Might revisit seeing if we can get .plt output to work.

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:MikeLockwood)

Publishing / Viewing SolidWorks is becoming a bigger and more complex puzzle every day.  Might revisit seeing if we can get .plt output to work.

Good luck with that.

• The drawing scale is a major problem.  The sheet size has to be pre-selected regardless of the actual drawing size.
  • The drawings print upside down.
  • PTC won't support.  They blame HP for not having a newer driver.  (Microsoft has drivers for Windows 7 and 10 but HP does not.)

Creo View Adapter for SolidWorks Plots Upside Down

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS22286

iDZignit
6-Contributor
(To:MikeLockwood)

Publishing to Adobe Illustrator .AI file seems to me to be the closest viewable that can be exported from SolidWorks.  CreoView appears to be the weak link here because it does not recognize .AI files.  However AI files are as close to PDF as you might get.

For CreoView to be an Enterprise type viewer it would seem to me like it should be able to recognize almost any file type to be thorough / complete viewing tool.

Output from WC Publisher ideally would be handle vector & bitmap "text searchable" as well.

And Color postscript ".PS" files from Publisher of Creo Drawings stays as close to what Creo Drawings show.

I'm tinkering with file types...

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:iDZignit)

We recently similar issue w/GTOL's for publishing SW to DWG.  Solved by adding a font file.

Top Tags