cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Publishing AlternateBoM to downstream using ESI + TIBCO

pkgna
11-Garnet

Publishing AlternateBoM to downstream using ESI + TIBCO

Hi All,

I would like to know whether some of you enabled publishing alternate bom to down stream system such as SAP using ESI and TiBCO

Best Regards

Prajeesh Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Casey_Swain
12-Amethyst
(To:pkgna)

Hello Prajeesh,

Can you please clarify "alternate BOM"? 

We have published Alternate BOMs, as defined by "view", Variation2 (Alternate Number), and variation1 (BOM type).

In our case, some combination of View and BOM type map to SAP type and Alternate maps to SAP Alternate.

The former depends on the engineering group publishing the BOM.

The lesson learned for Variation 1 (alternate number) is to edit the WC resource bundle to remove "1" as the first alternate, as that is the default starting point in SAP.

Otherwise, it's just mapping the alternate/view attributes through the response file and Tibco, unless I'm forgetting something.

Sincerely,

Casey

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

Are you referring to view Versions? I have mine configured to publish Manufacturing View Version BOMs. But this is also my official BOM in PDMLink.

No, That is more of View / Plant Specific BoM. I was looking for Alternate BoM Alternate in SAP

Best Regards

Prajeesh Kumar

GAINSREENI
6-Contributor

hi

Yes, you can do it. but a little bit of customization is required.

regards

GAIN Sreeni

Casey_Swain
12-Amethyst

Hello Prajeesh,

Can you please clarify "alternate BOM"? 

We have published Alternate BOMs, as defined by "view", Variation2 (Alternate Number), and variation1 (BOM type).

In our case, some combination of View and BOM type map to SAP type and Alternate maps to SAP Alternate.

The former depends on the engineering group publishing the BOM.

The lesson learned for Variation 1 (alternate number) is to edit the WC resource bundle to remove "1" as the first alternate, as that is the default starting point in SAP.

Otherwise, it's just mapping the alternate/view attributes through the response file and Tibco, unless I'm forgetting something.

Sincerely,

Casey

Hi Casey,

I hope you are mapping to SAP BoM alternate

we have introduced View / Plant Specific BoM. Now we want to introduce BoM alternate in SAP. I will try your suggestion to map and see how it work out

Best Regards

Prajeesh Kumar

Top Tags